2010/04/30

Tomorrow is May 1!

It occurred to me this morning that tomorrow has taken the audacity of being May the 1st! Perhaps that's not the best way to describe how shocked I was but, I can hardly believe it. I strive as a mother, wife, daughter to number my days, to live them out wisely and realize how short this life is. I may be called home tomorrow to enter into eternity, my forever home. Time is like a fixed place a place we just pass through. Eternity is this other place that knows no bounds, that can't escape you. It surpasses my fleshly understanding of what I imagine forever to be. Truly, am I able to grasp it? It is an immeasurable measure, though not to be measured, a place without walls, without limits, wonderfully with God! No shadows, no tears, no stress, yet worship. Oh to be there and not here. That should be my audacious hearts' cry. Instead of fixating my thoughts on what happened to the last two weeks, where did they go? It should be how long oh Lord, until I see you. When will this mirror of life be put away?

While I learn to enjoy time and the quick measure of it, may I also be striving for the great promise. Eternity with Christ. Lord help me to not be shocked at the speed of time. May I not be given to worthless pursuits, but rather may I enjoy each beautiful instance you give me.

Our Children:
Jackie is a little lady. She is becoming so grown up and loves to be lovely .
Here are a few of my dears in a clamshell.
Libby and the sea turtle, an unlikely pair.
My cinnamon roll and my young man.
Boys at play. Samuel's favorite place to hang is in the tupperware cabinet.

5 comments:

Claire Higgins said...

Tell me about losing track of time! I have been looking forward to taking a trip to Dallas with Josie for a while now and it is just a week away! I pray I cherish the vacation...each moment...because I know it will be here and gone before I know it!

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

Christie, Thank you for the wake up call. We all need to reminded of our short visit here. Jesus is using you in a mighty way, what a beautiful thought out blog entry. Mom and I have already have been blessed way beyond what we deserve by seeing the family and fabulous meals (Thanks Karen for instilling the cooking bug in Christie). I did my count this morning,
I have been alive out of the womb for 22,738 days, with God's mercy if I am allowed to reach 70 (psalm 90-10) i have 2812 precious days left to live, act and speak of our great hope. Lovely pictures also!

Karen said...

What a great blog Christie. You continue to challenge me on so many levels. I am so very blessed that God gave you to our family.
I love you so much.

Tiffany said...

Well said Sister! What an awesome reminder to keep our eyes on our Father and our coming King. What precious pictures, I am amazed at how big the kids are all getting : ) Blessings!

pops said...

Christie

You are AWESOME!

I can'y believe my once little girl is such a servent to Christ!
Love you Dear!