2008/01/29

Her Children Will Rise Up and Call Her Blessed

Before my husband left the country my mother told us that she wanted to come once a month and serve the children and I...

She has held true to her word and made the trip from Texas 5 different times.
During her visits we've run kids to and from sports practice, we've changed numerous diapers, cooked many meals, painted various rooms, etc. She has been a real trooper. She's even been on the receiving end of an exhausted, worn out house wife with an ungrateful attitude. The kids have gotten to the point where they expect her to come. As have I. She really is a treasure and I have been blessed to be on the receiving end of this treat. This is her last trip before my husband comes home. It's exciting because I know that this season of life is coming to a close. Mom, thank you so very much for your commitment to our little family. I am so thankful for your sacrifice away from job and dad. Dad, thank you for parting with mom so often, so that she could come and serve us. I love you both!

7 comments:

EJK said...

I figured out how to leave a comment. Jimmy would be rolling his eyes! Your mom is incredible, and so are you my friend!

Who thinks up the words to verify is my question :-)

Ellen
Thanks for inviting me in.

EJK said...

oops, I'm not supposed to leave my name ...am I?

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

Christie, Your mother is a positive example for us to model. Jakes Parents!

CLR said...

ejk, I'm so glad you figured it out. Don't worry I'm new at it too. So glad to hear from you and leave your name any time.

CLR said...

Dad,Thanks for the encouragement to my mom

pops said...

So that's where she's been!

Pops

Karen said...

The trips have been a blessing to me. I will miss being there on such a regular basis. I want Jake to return home to his sweet family ... I hope Jake will let Mah come and hang out .. I promise to behave ... or at least to try!