2008/01/26

Little Girls and Hair


I remember as a young girl being specifically told by my mother to keep my gum away from my hair. Mind you, I loved gum, I'd keep it on the bed post at night and chew it again the next day, thus the term ABC gum... Already Been Chewed. So, what do all little children do, when instructed not to do something. They do it. The gum made it's way to the back of my hair. It was a nice big, hairy, sticky mess. Mom, in all of her righteous glory, could have wacked my hair off and called it quits, but she didn't. She lovingly worked it out with peanut butter. Now Louisa doesn't put gum in her hair, not yet anyway. Though someone did manage to slip a few pieces in the wash here recently, but that's another story. Louisa is merely given to little girl tangles or in the old english, rat's nest'. So, we work it out in the morning continuously. Quite often I find oats and honey from her breakfast. As her hair has grown her curls have become somewhat weighed down as well. So, after consulting with a dear friend and my husband. We decided, with Louisa's agreement of course, to trim the hair. She'll have more curls and less oats with honey now.

3 comments:

JLR said...

Lou-Lou, you look beautiful! I love Lou. And Christie Lynn, great job. I am continually amazed at the skill set you bring to our family; wife, mother, grade-school teacher, teaching pastor, cook, baker, barber, hair stylist, etc.

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

Yes son Jake you have been truly blessed with a genuine Titus 2 woman, she amazes me everyday, the relatives keep saying "how does she do it", our answer! "only through the grace of our savior Jesus Christ".
Lou-Lou you are such a beautiful little girl inside and outside, Grandpa loves to talk to you on the telephone and see you on the internet. If and when there is a next time that I visit you in North Carolina, I want to make mud pies with you. Love ya Grandpa

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

She looks so grown up. What a beauty as are they all! Love, Mom