2008/01/30

What would you do?

If the "Secret Service" came to your door at lunch. You read that right. The door bell rang at lunch time today. Normally I wouldn't open the door to an old man when my husband isn't home, but since mom is here, I did. He quickly flashed a badge at me and said he was from the Secret Service. What?!? He says he's doing a background check on a "neighbor" who used to live on the street - 2 years ago. I told him I didn't live here 2 years ago. He says, "well can you point me to anyone who did?" I point him to another house. He says, "okay, what's this house number?" I say, "it's 115." He says, "And your name." I say, "I'm not going to tell you." He says, "I just told you I'm with the 'Secret Service', I'm not going to get you." Housewife thinks to herself "he's not going to get me?" I say, "I don't care, I'm not telling you." I close the door and he leaves. What in the world? Is the Secret Service in the habit of showing up at your house too? I thought they were secret. He didn't have a car, that was a secret. But come on.

3 comments:

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

Thank you Lord Jesus for giving Christie discernment during this test!

Christy said...

YIKES!

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

Scary and totally outrageously wrong! Praise God He has given you wisdom in this case. Love, Mom