2008/04/25

His first win

Colby was the starting pitcher last night for his team.  He did awesome and struck out 4 players within the first 2 innings, not bad for Little League.  He pulled the team through the 3rd and the score was 10 to 2.  Because of the 10 run difference they called the game after the 4th inning.  Typically his coach calls in a relief pitcher for the last inning and he did last night.  So, Colby did great.  Did I mention he hit a triple the night before?  Mom is boasting again.  Praise God, for his grace in giving Colby strong legs to run on, and strong arms to pitch with.  Colby has heard time and again, that it's nothing of himself that he is so good at baseball.  The Lord has everything to do with it.  Another creature of great mercy!

3 comments:

Claire Higgins said...

Way to go Colby! What a great athlete you are! As I was growing up, I'm not going to lie, but I was blessed with the gift of atleticism. I must say though, I thrived and thoroughly enjoyed team sports. It was my teammates that made me the athlete I was, no matter what their skill levels were. I learned and grew from each and every one of them. As an adult I truly miss playing sports on a team. Enjoy every bit of the time you have with your team and playing the game you love! You are so lucky to have your family there to watch your games too-what a treat!

Karen said...

Awesome Colby! I can't wait to see you play. It will be such a joyous time. God given talent is the only talent.

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

Way to go Colby!