2008/04/14

Nationality....

So, this week Jake is taking leave and is administering the Iowa Standard Achievement Tests to the kids.   This is our second year of him taking leave and testing them.  I am growing to appreciate this hands on approach from him, as it allows me to focus on other things, like updating our blog..  Anyway, as with all tests the kids are required to fill in their nationality.  You have to understand that on my side of the family, way back 6 generations is a pure blooded Indian.  The kids know this and take delight in the fact that they have some indian roots.  So, would you be surprised that the kids marked on their tests that they were Native American Indian?  So funny.  I was amused, but Jake thinks I have corrupted them.  Obviously I don't spend the day explaining to them that they are Caucasian.  They are more freckled than white and that's not an option...

6 comments:

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

Wow, I did not know my son married an Indian princess.

Anonymous said...

This could make a big difference when it comes to college scholarships, couldn't it??

CLR said...

Jamey, I wish, but not so. Past being 1/16 there isn't a chance. I am 1/32 leaving the kids at 1/64.

Jesse said...

If you played with the math, it could be argued that with six kids, each at 1/64, your children are technically 6/64 native american, which is 9.375%. 1/16 is 6.25%, so they'd qualify, provided they applied for scholarships in groups of at least 4.

(...and this is why I'm an engineer...)

Christy said...

That comment was just a tiny little window into what's it like being married to an engineer. Yikes.
Now you know why I preface all my questions with "In 30 seconds or less, can you tell me ____?"

pops said...

To clarify the Indian half is from the Mee Mee side, as if you couldn't tell!