2009/04/20

Ice Cream Social






First off I have to thank my beautiful mother for coming to NC again and blessing my family.  This time she cooked all the meals, I think, made dozens of her delish pancakes and provided the children and I with an, "Ice cream social."  She was trying to think of something special to do for them and thought up the ice cream!  She bought, 1 1/2 gallons of ice cream, crushed pineapple, cherries in the jar, strawberries, hot fudge, caramel, and whipped cream to top it off.  I may even be forgetting something.  We all had so much fun.  It was sad to see her go, but we were both doubly blessed when her return flight was cancelled and we shared the sonogram appt. which I blogged about earlier.  
She's safe home now and is a little under the weather with something I'm sure she picked up from our home.  Thank you mom for being such a blessing to our family!  We love you and look forward to your visits in Monterey.

Notice that Silas mainly has bananas and strawberries... he refused to eat his dinner, so we gave him fruit with a smidgen of whipped cream.  The little bugger ended up sucking the fruit dry for the taste of the cream.  Smart huh?

3 comments:

Claire Higgins said...

How fun! So lucky to have her come to be with you! And cook too!? She is the best!

JLR said...

Thank you for serving my family so well Mah!

Christy said...

I think Ben and Silas look exactly alike in those two top pictures. The only difference being Silas' curly hair. Seriously, the exact same person.