2012/08/19

Learning to Run!

Two months ago Jake signed Colby, Me and himself up for the Marine Corps 10K. Sooo, I've had to learn to run again. There was a time that I ran and liked it very much. It was back when Benjamin was 3 months old to about the time Louisa jumped in my belly.. So if we were to count I could honestly say that I've had 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 kids since then!! Like riding a bike, running isn't. You can't just pick it back up again. Sure you can run a few yards but the discipline required to do it well and not feel like an old man is stuck to you takes a lot of practice. To make this story less agonizing I'm not going to go through the gruesome details with you, nor will I divulge my times, for they are very poor. :( But, I am up to 3 miles again and it feels sooo goooood! I'm so thankful to be at this place. I am looking forward to adding more miles to my repertoire and looking forward to the 10k with my sweet and little sweets. Yes, little sweets, not only Colby Brett with his size 11 feet, but his sister, Jackie, will be running with us. So, there you have it. I'm learning to run and my kiddos are too.
She too is running around now. This is what she does when she's all tired out. 


10 comments:

dirtandrib said...

Yay! So proud of you. When is your race?

CLR said...

It is Saturday, October 28th. So soon!

Appollo Schloss said...

It sounds lovely! I am thrilled for you in this season of running.

Jen said...

I'm pretty sure I have a 10K that day too! Can't wait to hear how you do! :) :) :)

JLR said...

You're doin' great Baby, keep it up! Just don't forget to ice...

Jen T said...

Go you! I'm so impressed.

Karen said...

Run Forest Run!
If he could do it ... so can you. I am so proud of you.
Ice your knees and stretch out those muscles. Balance is the key to getting it done without injury.

Tiffany said...

You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Yay, yay, yay! Proud and smiling :) I'm up to 3 and will enjoy tracking with you! Maybe next summer we can get some girltime in Oregon, running a long distance relay together.....???

CLR said...

Ha, Ha, JJ! That would be very comical. Perhaps if we staged each of our children along the various mile markers and had them "help us" out.. We could easily get about 17 miles or so run or at least toddled out for us!