2009/11/09

Marine Corps Ball

Jake and I
Benjamin and Elizabeth Flores
borrowed the above photo from the Good's blog :)
malfunctioning shoes


or mom gets out of the house for a big date and her wardrobe malfunctions..

We had so much fun at the ball. We sat with our good friends the Good's and also some new friends from church the Flores'. The evening was lovely and the setup was beautiful. There were bagpipes to start and end the ceremony. It was absolutely amazing. I've never been so close to bagpipers before. The sound literally radiates through your body.
Then of course there was a fine meal and music. The music normally starts off fun and then something happens after 10 pm and the music gets louder and wilder. Before the wild music had taken over the DJ played the Cha Cha Slide. I'm a sucker for line dancing so I had to go out and dance. I was having a great time dancing with Maryn and a bunch of other folks when suddenly I came unglued. Literally! My dress shoes are/were several years old and they suddenly came unglued. All the straps decided at once to detach themselves and be free from the sole. The only strap that remained was the one around my ankle. So that shoe was stuck to my ankle and there was no way to get it off without having a seat. I hobbled off the floor with the shoe dragging behind me and the other shoe still very much intact. Oh well. At least I danced 3/4's of a dance. Later I managed to break free from my shoes and danced a slow song with my man before going home. We still had such a blast and I was thankful that nothing else in my wardrobe malfunctioned!

9 comments:

Claire Higgins said...

Awww! SO sorry about your shoe mishap! Sounds like they had a good run, though! Great pics from the Ball! You look radiant!

Jen T said...

You are so beautiful! What great pics. Haha, I can't believe that happened with your shoes! At least it sounds like you had a great evening anyway.

pops said...

Only Two dances all night?

Sounds like your dad!

Miss Haley said...

Oh no!! I hate wardrobe malfunctions. One year at prom, my straps on my dress broke--three times!!

Karen said...

You are beautiful Christie ... Jake you are handsome too ... you even look like a general with the mustach ... hmmmmmm.
Sorry about the shoes .. but the dance goes on! Can't let a little thing like that slow a girl down.
glad it was such a fun time.

Tiffany said...

Christie you are absolutely stunning!
Bummer about the shoes but it sounds like you handled it well : ) I too had the heel come off of one of my shoes a few years ago at a ball in Okinawa, it was quite uncomfortable!
Anyway, so glad you guys had a great night!!

CLR said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a malfunctioning wardrobe at special events...

Yes dad, I think I'm more of a credit to you when it comes to dancing... ;)

Appollo Schloss said...

We love the stach! It's so amusing to see him sporting it.

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

handsome couple!