2010/11/01

A Gwate Nation

Sometimes my children say the funniest things.  I will turn my head in astonishment over what was spoken and laugh out loud.  It feels so good to laugh, doesn't it?

Louisa is a little gem and recently we've been studying about the saints of old.  Namely, Abraham and Sarah.  The promises that God had for Abraham.  Sarah's lack of trust in God by giving her servant to be Abraham's wife to bear for them a child.  How finally, after feeling the burning jealousy of the pregnancy of Hagar and Sarah's still barren womb.  Sarah was blessed with a child and a son at that.  His name was to be Isaac and the Lord made a covenant saying that He would make him a "Great Nation." Even still the Lord challenged Abraham, "Can you number the stars in the sky?"  That's how many his descendants would be!  All of this from a 100 year old man.

Back to Lou Lou.  She's been very excited to learn about God's promise to Abraham and then still His promise to Hagar and her son Ishmael.  Tonight, before Jake called up my dad to tell him that we were expecting another treasure from the Lord, Louisa spoke up and said, "I think that God is making us into a Gwate Nation."  That's sweet. May the Lord make us a Gwate family who treasures Christ above all things, who are quick to repent from sin. May he save each and everyone of our treasures.  May our little dears be put through the refiner's fire and be found brilliant.    

I say it humbly that we are pregnant.  We know who manages and controls the womb.  I am shy of nine weeks at this point.  I'm "due" June 10.  If I keep on the track of the last two little boys I'd say this baby will probably be a June-bug and will probably be born between Samuel's and Silas's birthday's.  I am guessing that I'm going to have a girl because I've been very ill.  As Jake told the children, it's not bad sickness, but sickness that is for good.  Praise the Lord.

12 comments:

Jen T said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you, dear cousin! Another beautiful baby to add to your big family!

pops said...

Love you guys!!!!!

Karen said...

I sill get teary eyed when I think about this. The gift of our Savior is the most precious of all gifts ... the gift of family is another one of God's greatest treasures!

Christy said...

Hooray!!! Congratulations!!! :D
We're thrilled to hear of another Gwate addition to your beautiful family!

dirtandrib said...

I'm thinking girl, too!

Claire Higgins said...

Could I be considered part of this amazing Gwate nation...even from afar?! I am so thrilled for you all. Take care of yourself, as much as you can. ;)

Anonymous said...

Mom
, I am so thrilled

Appollo Schloss said...

Yeah!! How exciting!

Tiffany said...

Big CONGRATS!!! What wonderful news. Our prayers are with your gwate family ; )

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

another grandchild to play friday night pizza delivery,
we are so excited, the Lord Jesus has truly blessed this family with a full quiver.

Abby said...

Congratulations!

Damian said...

AWESOME, You guys are my heroes....Praise the LORD for another gift from the LORD...praying for you guys....love and miss you The Velarde Family