2008/07/20

Arrival

We decided at 9:00 am Saturday that we should drive all the way through to Texas instead of stopping overnight in Jackson, MS. We arrived at about 10pm and went for a quick swim. It was the wise choice to make coming straight through as we've already spent 3 hours in the pool this morning. Ben has learned to swim in that time and is jumping off the side in the deep end and swimming to the other side, about 16 feet. Louisa is proving to be a bit more challenging. I'm not surprised by this as I was anticipating some resistance from her. Lib on the other hand may just be swimming by the time we leave. She's figured out the feet kicking part and loves jumping in the water over her head. Bizarre huh? I hope you are all well!!

4 comments:

JLR said...

I was just powering down the "rotten apple" when I thought that you might've blogged about your trip...what a surprise! I can't believe Ben is being so bold! I can't wait to hear about the 10pm swim. Good night from the UK sweetie. Talk to you next from "Ohhh Cannnada..."

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

Glad to hear the grandkids are learning to swim.

Christy said...

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad you guys made it there safely.

pops said...

Great pictures Christie

Ive been traveling since the day after you left, came home to a skinnier Gina (lost weight from chasing kids and water droplets) and a quiet/serene pool,(it's not supposed to be that way)
I enjoyed you all so much and am blessed to be the poppy!