2008/07/29

Dropping Eaves

There are certain privileges that come with being mom, one of which is being able to drop eaves on the conversations of my children. Sometimes this can back fire as what you hear may need to be addressed and the mother must be able to maintain composure to get through such a time..

Mom and I were knitting yesterday and chatting when a conversation in the living room, which in dad and mom's house is near to the knitting room aka female room, most comfortable room in the house, Meme's room. It was Ben and Lou, so we thought. We hear Louisa blurt out, "do, do not say that to me Benjamin!" Ben responds, "I didn't say that, Connor did." If you don't know Connor, than read a different blog entry. So, I called Ben and Connor to the knitting room and asked Ben what Connor said, and I told him he shouldn't teach Connor to talk mean to Louisa, that Ben and Louisa are best friends and Connor shouldn't come in the middle of that special friendship. Ben agreed, Connor went to time out, and Ben apologized on Connor's behalf of course to Louisa.

So funny.

1 comment:

JLR said...

Thing One and Thing Two...what else would we expect?