2008/08/27

Oh my!

Wow, I just have to say that this morning I was blessed by my time in a book I've been reading entitled, "Feminine Appeal."  The demands of parenting an older child are new, though I've been gradually coming to parenting older children as they've grown, does that make sense?  Learning to communicate and get to the heart of an older child can prove difficult at times and as easy as slicing through soft butter at others.  It would seem that the greatest trouble I have with my children is the manifestation of sin in them that I, myself, deal with.  I know my sin is nasty, downright ugly, but I have to say when I see it coming out of an older child toward a younger sibling, I am filled with self-loathing and utter shock!  
Like I said this morning I was blessed by a book and then even more so when I pulled up our churches web page.  If you will navigate over there, you will be blessed too.  Pull up Resource Reviews, a link at the top of the opening page, and click on "Field Earned Parental Advice: Mr. Matthew Schmucker's Lessons from parenting."  It was the 2nd cup of coffee I needed for the morning!  

No comments: