2008/08/22

Power of Words

I have to admit that a good word for me can stir up good works or tear apart my day.  My husband was just pointing out to me how he realizes the effect words have over me and as the years have passed we both are learning to do a lot more thinking before we speak.  

Today Ben and I were at the Bulls Eye Boutique and Ben told me that I was the bestest mother in the world.  I know that I am not the best, but to hear that coming from my 7 year old sons mouth really blessed my heart.  Then when I was at Starbucks picking up a joe the barista lady told me she would babysit my children anytime and that she has grown to love them as she's observed them!  

Indeed our Lord is sweet and I know that my I am worthy of hell without the blood of Christ.  Thank you Lord for sweet words from children and strangers.  More importantly Father, thank you for your Word.  Thank you I am able to read them with understanding and that they have penetrated my heart and brought me to repentance.  


3 comments:

Christy said...

I would babysit your children anytime too :) But unlike a stranger at Starbucks...well, I'm not a stranger. So you should take me up on that offer and go on a date with your husband ;)

CLR said...

hmmm, we have an anniversary coming up..

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

We give thanks to the Lord for your humble heart!