2008/03/21

Celebrations



We have good reason for celebrating Christ.  Our Savior, Redeemer was crucified in perfect obedience and rose again.  He could not be held in Hell and overcame it some 2000 years ago.  Thank you Jesus for resurrecting yourself from the grave for the glory of the Father, for the redemption of our souls, there is none like you!  
In our home most of our celebrations revolve around food.  We can hardly help it.  Christ himself was the "Bread of Life" and "Fruit of the Vine"  He has given us much and we will celebrate him, doing all for the glory of God.  
This Sunday before church we will enjoy some Hot Cross Buns for breakfast and after church we will have the privilege of dining with friends.  The Lord is sweet indeed!

This recipe was taken from the Joy of Cooking website.  No dried fruit was added, just chocolate chips.


posted by CLR

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may be labelled as a good friend when I say that yours look much nicer than Amy's :)

Hope you all enjoyed these fantastic buns!! I'm making a second batch for tomorrow morning and looking forward to a sweet and fragrant toasted bun to begin our sweetest day of the year.

Jamey

Claire Higgins said...

Yum yum! I hope your Easter is wonderful and you all are in our thoughts. We miss you a lot.
Love
Claire

CLR said...

Jamey, thanks for the tip with the chololate chips. They'll be fabulous I'm sure!

Karen said...

Wow Christie ... those look wonderful ... I am inspired to get up off my keester and go to the kitchen. Happy Resurrection day my dear! Love you all and I am soooo happy you are all part of the flock.

pops said...

Christie:

It did indeed inspire your mom to go to the kitchen, she made hot cross buns and fried chicken, all for ME!

CLR said...

dad,
I am glad you were blessed!!