2008/03/06

Why I love Target

Not only do they have Starbucks Coffee, great prices, fun deco for the house and cute clothing, they also provide a way for husbands to surprise their wives. Thus, the story. It started a while ago with a few strange bits of info popping up, here and there. Then Jake came home from deployment. I knew something was going to happen, some sort of get away, but didn't have the when's, or the exact where's, and I only had a guess on the who's. So, there I am Saturday night ready to go to sleep and Jake says to me, "I would like to take you and the kids out for lunch after church tomorrow, so, you don't need to cook for us." How sweet. He's being so thoughtful. It will be nice to break free from the routine. Then I think, this is too good to be true. Something is going on. Then I think, no he just wants to take us to lunch, get over yourself. So we go to lunch and nothing happens. Then we go drop off some items at the Goodwill. Now I am thinking, okay I am tired lets go home. However he says, "I need to go to Target." Wow, that's a good idea, I am now back in the game and suddenly remotivated to have a good attitude. After all Target is a fun store, with great deals and maybe they finally got in their patio furniture and we can check it out. We walk around the store for a while, Colby decides what he wants to blow his money on. We check out the patio furniture and discuss how one of these summers we will buy a set. We move on, I point out how Target carries a fun variety of food now. Anyway I am tired again and would just like to go enjoy the day before it's gone. One last aisle however. The baseball card aisle. I am amusing myself watching Colby, Ben, and Jake paw through the cards. How sweet, the boys have their dad back home. Then suddenly, without warning, someone comes up behind and puts their hands over my eyes. I knew it would only be a very dear friend, to do that to me so comfortably. I am thinking it's Melia, but the grip on my head is getting tighter and suddenly I feel a bit concerned, like who would dare squeeze my brain so hard, they must think they know me pretty well to be so comfortable. Well it was my mother. I am shocked as are the kids. Jake hands me a card, which contains a plan of action to take me, and Silas of course, out west to Boone, North Carolina, where we can enjoy the mountains and escape for a couple of days. We had a marvelous time. I will post pictures once the camera is unpacked. To those of you who knew and kept it a secret, thank you! We were so blessed again by my mom coming this way. The kids enjoyed her very much and Jake, Silas, and I had a very restful time in our cabin up in the mountains.

5 comments:

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

decode! Tasm? MAST store in Boone!

Anonymous said...

That beats a couple nights out alone, hands down! I'm so happy for you.
Jamey

CLR said...

Jamey,
It was a blast. We were glad that Silas was along for the trip, without him we wouldn't have had any responsibility.

Karen said...

The best was Colby ... what was I doing there? "Shopping" I said .. Colby responded .. "why didn't you do mail order?" ... then Colby tells the story as he saw it.
He witnessed someone's hands around his mothers eyes .. he looked to his father for a response .. back to his mother .. again to his father .. He thought someone might be attacking his mother and Colby later said .. "I was getting ready to springforth to attack the attacker!" How sweet this child.
I had the best time with all the children ... I was thanked for breaking all the house rules.

pops said...

I keep waking up to find no meme and then get a phone call from NC,seems like this has gone on for a while!