2008/03/27

Croup and Spring Break

Last week on Monday, Jake and I decided the kids and I should take this week off for Spring Break. Last week on Monday Benjamin also came down with a fever of 102.5. The first fever he has had in years, I think. Anyway the fever and and gross cough which followed is croup, according to dr. mom, yours truly. The fever and cough have spread like wildfire and every child in the house has had it. Silas was the last to be inflicted and has handled it well. Though if he was our first child I am sure we would have landed in the ER, given how terrible he sounds. Today however, the children are better, the mild coughs that linger are ready to be done with. We are going to go enjoy the day and run some errands perhaps. The weather is in full cooperation and we are looking at 75 for a high. This will be our first celebrated day of Spring Break. Tomorrow is a change of command at Jake's Squadron. Another fun event that the children will be privileged to view.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first of the spring deluge -- isn't that what vacations are for??? Poor Silas. You guys have a great couple of days!!!

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

Good to hear everyone is better. Dad and I had the same thing but without fevers. Dr. put me on amoxycillin since I was not getting better after 3 weeks. We're healthy once again. Love, Mom