2008/03/13

I said Young Man

I was once in your shoes, I was down and out with the blues....  Some things have changed since the YMCA was first established.  The Young Man's Christian Association now supports homeschoolers, in this area that is.  The kids go there on Thursday's for a PE class.  They absolutely love it.  As a matter of fact, Jake and I had a bit of fun with the whole YMCA thing last week, and now the kids think they know the song and dance.  So, as I type, Ben is piping it out.  "I will see you at the YMCA, hoo hoo, 1234 I said I will see you at the YMCA."  Then Jackie, in all of her 9 years of wisdom corrects him saying, "No, Ben, it's not hoo hoo, it's Woo HOO."  This is funny to me.  With my very best self control I don't correct them.  I like this new version and it doesn't involve fire helmets....

5 comments:

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

Amen!

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

We used to dance to this song during our disco days and could even make the letters with our arms including Dad! Love Mom

Claire Higgins said...

Yay for the YMCA! I used to work there and although the pay was minimal, I must say it was my most favorite job yet. At our Sheboygan Y, we had a PE class for homeschoolers too; every Friday afternoon. I thought it was great...so did the moms!

CLR said...

I had no idea you worked at the Y. That's awesome. We love it there, as a matter of fact, the kids told me they want to go 4 days a week.

Karen said...

Can't wait to come back and do the "YMCA" dance ... I love it!
Ben and Jackie will dance with me ... so will uncle Clint