2008/02/13

185 and not a day more

Today, we have been so excited. I woke up to Ben standing at my bedside, telling me that something bad had happened. He told me we were going to have to buy a whole bunch of light bulbs and that I would need to purchase new vacuums, because mine were not going to work anymore. This is a strange way to wake up, but if you know Ben and can decode what he's trying to say, this means that we have no power. So, our day started off different than I would have liked. But, none the less it was productive. We accomplished a lot of last minute things I've been wanting to do. We made the dessert for tomorrow nights meal. Lots of mopping and vacuuming and of course cleaning up messes that only a 2 year old can produce. Salt has had his hair cut. He's feeling very fresh. The laundry is almost done, and the strange scent of onions that was lurking in the boys room has been taken care of. We went to the base after church tonight to check on our sign that we made for Jake. The sign was still hanging, however some of the letters washed off. So, it says, "Elcome Shakey Jak." That's alright though. At least I took pictures when we intially hung it up.

3 comments:

pops said...

If I was there I'd go get more light bulbs for Ben like we did last time.

CLR said...

you will need to be prepared to make at least 3 different trips to the store.... :)

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

Ben you are such a character!