2008/02/03

Tryon Palace

If we must pose...Our tour guide, she was beautiful in costume.
Libby with her Junkuun mask.
Crafting.
Crafting complete.
Ben is still not interested.


Tryon Palace had a free visitors day yesterday. My friend M told me about it and so the kids and I went. It was fun. We learned some interesting facts about New Bern, how Tryon Palace used to be the capitol of North Carolina, and how George Washington danced within a room in the Palace. I don't know why that's important, but he did. Jackie was most interested in the dining hall. Colby liked the men's planning room, and the kids were able to translate a couple words of Latin inscribed upon the walls. (Mild boasting there, sorry) The kids behaved remarkably well.

2 comments:

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

Mom and I are glad you had a wonderful time, and
educational also, great pictures!

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

What a treat to be able to visit without charge. I love these kind of things, history and the stories beyond the books. Love, Mom