2008/02/15

The story



Jake is outside playing with his new truck with the help of his sons, not including Silas, so let me tell you how the event unfolded. Colby got to Jake first. He ran and lept on his dad and Jake caught him in the air. A moment that's burned in my mind. Next, I'm not sure, though I would guess Ben, followed by Jackie and Louisa. I was lagging behind because, the jets were still spinning, producing an incredible amount of noise. Libby was frightened and I was having to drag her behind me and carry Silas. The moment of seeing him and touching him was unbelievable. We are so very thankful that God reunited us. This is a sweet ending to a first deployment. Thank you all so much for your prayers on behalf of our family. We would not have survived without the prayers of the Saints and the Lord holding us together by his grace and word. Thank you Jesus, Thank You!!!

2 comments:

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

Thank you for the great pictures, they will always
be precious memories. Have a wonderful time getting reunited. No tickets Jake with that V-8 under the hood.

Christy said...

That picture is so perfectly Libby. Did she make continuous laps around the plane while sucking her fingers and humming "Come, Christians Join to Sing?"