2008/02/02

Thing 1 and Thing 2

have been sent here for God's glory, but also to keep me humble. To keep me from thinking I might be living in a normal family. Sometimes when you hear loud banging coming from the bathroom it's better not to check. Really, leave well-enough alone. Ben was supposed to have been taking a shower. I heard some very loud banging. Like someone might have been banging their head against a wall. I go to the bathroom to be sure everything is okay. The door is locked. I proceed to knock loudly, no answer, then a, "just a minute." Then I hear, "no, don don don't unlock it yet." We know who that is. So, I grab the little pin that unpops the lock and let myself in. What do I find? Ben in the bathtub showering, this is good. But Louisa, Louisa was in the sink bathing. Yes, the sink. Naked. Taking her bath. This is almost as strange as the Secret Service coming to my house. What's a mother to do? I am to remember that I am not normal, nor are my children. We just need to bring God glory. The rest is history!

5 comments:

JLR said...

Oh sweetie, hang in there. They are both blond and I am coming home shortly to help.

At least she's resourceful???

Christy said...

I'm convinced it's a good thing this happened to you and not me, because I doubt I could refrain from laughing long enough to parent them properly.

JRS

CLR said...

It was difficult to manage. I certainly was quite baffled about the whole thing.

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

boys will be boys and girls will be girls, I remember similar situations in my early life with cousins.

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

Thank you God for giving Christie the strength to parent her children. Soon Jake will be there to help. We love you, dear, and can't even begin to imagine what you have gone through these months. All my love, Mom