2008/02/08

Last of the OIF Flying



As the deployment winds down, the flying does not. This period of transfer to the oncoming Detachment has been busy; turnover of the OpsO job, pilot indoc flights (scary!) and the continued OIF mission.  Pictured is a formation instructor qualification sortie.  

Tomorrow marks our last day and the final flight schedule that we are responsible for.  I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight for excitement.  The flying has been fun and challenging, but in the words of Adoniram Judson, "I am most comforted in the bosom of my family."  

3 comments:

CLR said...

Come home Shakey, come home.

pops said...

Jake:

We are all so proud of you, I've prayed every day of your deployment for your well being and for Gods grace for Christie and your beautiful children.
How special it will be for your return.
I'm so glad Karen got to spend the time she did in your absence.

Karen said...

Sooooo many miles seperate you ... but from the sky .. we see the same stars, moon, and sun. Soon you will be united and you can gaze up at the heavens together.