2008/02/07

Why I will be Jake's Valentine---3rd in Line

After church last night, while I was changing Si's diaper. I was interrupted by Ben's blood curdling scream. In between chest heaving sobs, I manage to decipher that Louisa had assaulted him by striking his face with her hand. Why, you might ask? I did too. Louisa was in my room awaiting the disciplinary rod when I got to her. She told me why she struck Ben. It was because Ben told her that he was going to be daddy's valentine, and that she wasn't. In between her sobs, she tells me that she is daddy's valentine. With an understanding heart, it has been 6 long months, I told her that was fine, she can have daddy as her valentine, just don't strike anyone else who wants to be that person too. So, I will take my place as third, after Louisa and Ben. I can wait...

4 comments:

JLR said...

That's difficult to read. I miss you guys.

pops said...

Jake:

It sounds like you're needed!

Karen said...

Who to run to first? The vision that comes to mind makes me shed tears of joy for my dear family .... all of you!

john.reynolds1@mac.com said...

I know every one is anxious for Jake to come home. Tears and hugs are on the way home to you and the children. Love Mom