2008/02/08

..a time to embrace

One of the downsides to a deployment is loneliness. God feeds me daily by His word and the Holy Spirit is my comforter. Yet, the Lord Jesus hears my prayers at night. He hears me when I need a hug or just to have my hand held. God has given us each other for innumberable reasons, for comfort, for rebuke, for exhortation, for procreation, for love, for warmth. Soon, the one, who lifts me up when I fall, who left his parents to begin a family with me, who encourages me when I've failed, who rebukes me when I'm proud, will be back. Yet my heart keeps thinking of the one who hasn't married, the one whose spouse has died, the single father or mother. I would encourage you to hug, love on those dear people who are singles. There is such a sweetness about touch. It is a good thing. Each time my children, parents, in-laws, and friends hug me it is sweet to my soul.

1 comment:

Karen said...

How sweetly you remind me to think of others and their tenderness.